World Poker Tour Players, Patrik Antonius
Patrik Antonius is not only a highly competitive and accomplished high stakes poker professional, he is an excellent tennis player & coach and a former model of some repute – what a resume!
The good looking Finn took the poker world by storm in his first year of professional play and has been well mentored by two of the greats of the game – Marcel Luske and Jennifer Harman. Their influence was palpable when Antonius made it to final table after final table at some of the most illustrious events on the WSOP, WPT and EPT in 2005.
Arguably the most successful year of his career to date, 2005 was like a dream for the man known as ‘Adonis’ for his striking looks and muscular physique. He made it to the Final Tables at both the WPT PokerStars Caribbean Adventure and Bay 101 Super Stars. He followed up the WPT coup by finishing in the money at three WSOP events and then went on to better his career record by clinching the EPT Baden bei Wien crown, and finishing third at EPT Barcelona.
Since then Antonius, now domicile in the city of sin and the capital of poker, Las Vegas, has not been able to emulate his omnipotent maiden outing on the professional poker circuit.
He is known for his propensity to play big, and is often found at the Bellagio Casino in Las Vegas taking part in the ‘Big Game’. He is also a very dangerous heads-up specialist, and has taken the scalps of many other top players in the final few hands of a match up.
Although he has yet to claim a WSOP bracelet, the equivalent of a grand slam title in many other sports, Antonius has won over $2.6 million in career earnings to date. He is currently part of the Full Tilt online poker crew and has featured prominently on NBC’s ‘Poker After Dark’ and GSN’s ‘High Stakes Poker’.
Patrik’s Big Time Successes
- 2005 WPT PokerStars Caribbean Adventure – 12th – $34 600
- 2005 – WPT Bay 101 Super Stars of Poker – 15th – $40 000
- 2005 – Ladbrokes Scandinavian Poker Championships – 1st – $66 261
- 2005 – EPT Barcelona Open – 3rd – $145 068
- 2005 – EPT Baden Classic – 1st – $343 366
- 2005 – WPT Five Diamond World Poker Classic – 2nd – $1 046 470
- 2006 – WPT Five Star World Poker Classic – 17th – $117 165
- 2006 – WSOP $50 000 H.O.R.S.E – 9th – $205 920
- 2007 – Aussie Millions Main Event – 13th – $71 575
- 2007 – Poker After Dark II – 1st – $120 000
- 2007 – WSOP $10 000 World Championship Pot Limit Omaha – 3rd – $311 394
- 2007 – WSOP Europe, London 29th – $54 673